Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bathroom Faucet. . .

This morning Logan runs out of the bathroom yelling "It broke off and I can't turn off the water!" And so because he still hadn't washed his hair, I sent him back in to clean up. Then there came some dripping sounds from the laundry room which is right below the kids' bath. :( So I had Logan get out and I went to the front yard and turned off the water to the house! Next, I took apart the faucet handle to try to find out what happened and if I could fix it. No luck.

The brass rod in the middle of the handle broke clean off. I have no clue how to replace the part on the pipe inside the wall.

Plus, while I was taking off the spigot, the water continued to dribble. So I'm glad that this will be replaced. It should take care of the dripping. To help me with the lovely problem, Troy asked for me to take pictures (of which you see 2) so he could understand the damage. We discussed things and I called the plumbers in the area. I found one in our neighborhood who has the same faucet, and gave me a reasonable estimate. So now, I'm waiting for the plumber to come between noon and 2. It's only 10:25, and I want a shower. . . :( Guess I'll find something else to do. :)

No comments: