Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not sure what to say . . .

Heidi says I need to update my blog. But I'm not sure what to say. So here it goes . . .

I joined Facebook after a couple requests from friends and family. It can be quite time consuming to find out what's going on with everyone. I love to "see" people I haven't seen for a while; my friend in Georgia, Rebecca, in Utah, Julia and Logan's 2nd grade teacher in Georgia, Miss Ivey, just to name a few. So for those of you who are on Facebook, thanks for the comments and pictures.

Also, I've been walking this year with three of my friends from church. Before the kids go to school, I walk for about 45 minutes with Sherree and Trudy. And then after Tori leaves for junior high, I walk with Heidi for another 30 minutes or so. There is always something to talk about with my friends. It's great to have fun and burn calories.

Plus, I put together a "think thin!" group after talking to my walking buddies about shedding those extra pounds and finding our skinny. We are making it a contest with weekly prizes and a big pot at the end of 10 weeks. So we are on our way to our goals. I so want to be thinner and have more energy, be healthier and not worry about being a diabetic. My main focus is to get into better eating habits. But that's not to say I won't be happy when I don't wince at seeing a picture of myself or when I fit into my skinny jeans and shirts. Skinny here I come!

At church, I got a new calling, Primary chorister. Which means I am in charge of leading the music portion of the children's meeting. I get to teach the kids songs, play games with them and enjoy their fun and innocent (mostly) personalities. Last week I called a name of a little boy without his last name and another boy jumped up 'cause it was his first name also. I then said the last name and felt so bad when I sent the other boy back to his seat. Bad job, Erica! I'll try not to do that again. If I get one child coming up when I don't say a last name, I'll just let it go.

Is that enough, Heidi?

No comments: